Projects

So, I'm neck deep in projects again. Sewing 16 musette bags for South Pacific, which opens on the 15th. Sewing two pairs of red polka-dotted shorts for South Pacific, one for Jason and one to be used only as a prop. I'm also sewing book bags for the Humanitarian Center. I'm either sewing constantly or not at all. Right now, it's constant. I'm also trying to keep up the good work on organization. Still busy shredding years of paperwork, but I'm checking and shredding my mail every day now so it doesn't build up like it has for the past seven years. As soon as I can, I'll get more paint and finish the rest of the kitchen. I'm also planning on doing something with the cupboard doors--a cute, bright-colored daisy motif. I'm going to stencil the daisies from a wall quilt pattern I've got. I love doing stuff like that--taking something that would typically be used in one type of craft and using it in something else.

I also went to DI last week and found a few baskets I can use. One will be for umbrellas. I need to figure out a way to line it with plastic in case it ever rains again and our umbrellas have a chance to get wet... Plus, I'll go back to work on the 25th. Hopefully I'll spend the first few weeks of school getting familiar with our new lab. I still haven't heard anything about coming to tear down the old one. That's worrisome. I hope we don't have another school year with antiquated computers that can't even download flash plugins!

No rest for the weary. But I'd rather be busy than bored!

Comments

Stephanie said…
Yahoo for you! You are keeping busy (and hopefully getting some help?). I hope that you're having fun doing your mega projects. ;)
BRITTANY said…
I had no idea you taught. Where...what subject (biology?)

I'm envious of the progress you've made this summer. I don't know how you do it.

Popular posts from this blog

Superheroes and the Villains Who Make Them

Getting Serious--the separation of professional and personal

Getting Organized