Getting Organized

I want to get organized. I woke up early this morning without setting an alarm, and all I could think about was how to organize the girls' bedroom. I moved furniture around in my head, tried to picture different colors of paint on the walls, tried to figure out a way to keep as much of our furniture as possible without encouraging the cluttered feeling that permeates my entire house. I'm not sure it's possible. The house is small and I have no storage and everyone in my house is a packrat. It doesn't help that none of us like to clean.

I have to get creative because I have to make due with what I have. Limited budget, limited strength, limited energy. I've got three dressers downstairs that are entirely different in style and color. The carpet needs to be replaced. I would love to gut the place and start over, but that's just not an option.

I feel like my house is a reflection of how I feel personally. I feel cluttered. It's time to clean the cobwebs out of the hard to reach corners and make myself healthier and more presentable. The problem is, I want all of these changes to take place immediately. It takes time. I need to be consistent and work on the changes a little every day. I need to be satisfied with the best I can do.

Comments

Erica said…
Boy, does this ever sound familiar! This is exactly how I've been feeling for months.

Oh, and yes...blogging gets to be VERY addictive. :^)
Stephanie said…
I'm sorry that it feels so overwhelming! It truly can be.

Popular posts from this blog

Superheroes and the Villains Who Make Them

Getting Serious--the separation of professional and personal