I want to be a writer when I grow up.

So, I started reading one of Orson Scott Card's new novels, Invasive Procedures. I'm only 47 pages in, but I love it. I love his style, I love the way he changes POV, I love his voice. He's awesome and such a talent. I want to grab an audience the way he grabs me. I want to spark the mind the way he sparks mine.

I told Maida about the dream I had the other night, and she said she thought it would make a good novel too. I want to write, but every time I look around my house, I'm reminded that writing probably shouldn't be a high priority right now. Sigh. But it's burning a hole in my brain.

Comments

Patti said…
Having a creative outlet should ALWAYS be a priority1

Popular posts from this blog

Superheroes and the Villains Who Make Them

Getting Organized

Getting Serious--the separation of professional and personal